It’s just better business practice to support your community and support charity.
How can you benefit your business and do something good for your community? Get involved in your community and help to support a local charity.
For example, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month; there are many local charities that you could volunteer your time and your services to help.
Here in Jacksonville, on October 1st, 2012 alone, you can take part in:
1. The Pink Ribbon Symposium at the Thrasher-Horne Center for the Arts, in Orange Park.
It’s a free event that offers multiple breakout sessions for your questions with answers from medical experts. You can join others in volunteering to help to promote learning about breast cancer, survivorship, good health and wellness issues.
- Mary Fisher Design helped out by developing a great website.
2. Victory In Pink is a Celebration of Women Who have Fought Against Breast Cancer by St. Vincent’s Healthcare, at the St. Johns Town Center. The Celebration is a free event and will include the Pretty In Pink fashion show, with makeovers and massages, the Ladies Night Out Breast Cancer survivor fashion show and education.
- Olympic Gold Medalist Shannon Miller is helping out by being emcee for the event,
And, there will be a special Victory In Pink After Party (with hors d’oevres, gourmet cupcakes, a champagne toast, music, winter fashions, and dancing – - Proceeds from this ticketed event benefit Cancer Services at St. Vincent’s HealthCare through the St. Vincent’s HealthCare Foundation).
3. Bands Against Breast Cancer, a group currently conducting educational and informational activities throughout the First Coast area, is holding their 4th Annual Boobsapalooza, their major fundraiser, with ten bands playing on two stages at Lynch’s Irish Pub. Founder Henrietta “Hank” Watson has led a group of dedicated volunteers to help educate and empower women to save their own lives in the battle against breast cancer.
Think about a cause you believe in. Give some of yourself, your time, your services to help. You’ll feel good for what you do and you will get good back for what you do, just like the motto of Business Networking International, “Givers Gain”.
Do you have a story about how you have helped out with a charity in your community that you’d like to share? Please send it to us via our Contact form. We’d like to share your positive story to inspire others.
UPDATE – In 2011, CoWork Jax was a project in downtown Jacksonville, Florida, giving people a place to create and maintain a professional business while networking with other innovative freelancers, entrepreneurs and assorted creative professionals.
The people of CoWork Jax needed to share their concepts online, and Key Theory created, developed, and launched the CoWork Jax website, which brought more participants to the Downtown CoWorking Weeks, held in Jacksonville, Florida in the spring of 2011.
Key Theory and Jax SEO Works teamwork helped the CoWork Jax website to get initial better search engine ranking with Search Engine Optimization of the website and online press releases, in support of the CoWork Jax strategic marketing plan.
Over the years, more and more people are finding out what a wonderful collaborative community is easily accessible in downtown Jacksonville, at CoWork Jax.
We are proud to have helped launch online awareness of this positive business place, CoWork Jax.
If you have a local, small business and would like help improving the online visibility of your business, Contact us at JaxSEOWorks! We like to help.
Recently we helped Jimmy Stockton of Black Creek Services, Inc. with a website and some online listings for his small engine repair business.
Jimmy provides mobile small engine repair service in Middleburg, Fleming Island, Green Cove Springs, Orange Park, and the Greater Jacksonville area, as well as repairs in his Middleburg, Florida shop. Black Creek Services, Inc. offers quality and professional maintenance and repair service for lawn mowers, lawn tractors, portable generators, pressure washers, just about anything powered by a small engine.
We built and launched the Black Creek Services, Inc. website for Jimmy, and the online business listings have helped improve the visibility of his business on the internet, and he is already starting to get results.
If you need reliable maintenance or repair for your lawn mower, lawn tractor, pressure washer, or portable generator, just Call Black Creek Services – 904.449.3986.
And if you need help getting your small business on the internet, Contact Jax SEO Works; we like to help small businesses.
Professional Skin Care and Massage Therapy at Serenity Suite NYC in Greenwich Village.
This spring, with help from website developer and digital marketer Kenny Harper of Key Theory and Rock My Image, we launched Serenity Suite NYC about a skin care and massage therapy business; restorative, healthy services offered in the historic Washington Square Hotel in Greenwich Village, in New York City.
Located in New York City, the Suite provides clients with high-powered careers; entrepreneurs, talents of the fashion industry, actors and even opera singers who literally come in between shows, meetings, or before getting on a plane for the skin care or massage therapy treatments that they need.
The focus of the Serenity Suite NYC website is to let people who live in the Greenwich Village neighborhood, or who will be traveling nearby, know about the variety of personal services that the Suite provides:
- Facials – European Facial, Oxygen Facial, Double Oxygen Facial, Microcurrent Facial
- Diamond Microdermabaraision
- Microcurrent Treatments – Microcurrent Facial, Microcurrent Body
- Massages – Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Heated Stone Massage
- Waxing Services
- Sun Free Tanning
If you have a small business and you want to let more people know about the goods or services you provide, Contact Jax SEO Works to find out more about how we can help you!
Want to know some easy things you can do for your website to make it better? Want more website visitors?
Here is a short list of tips to get you started thinking:
- Is you contact information accurate and current? If your e-mail address is wrong, or your telephone number, or even the street address of your business, you need to get that corrected.
- When was the last time you checked your links? Go through your site and check the internal and external links to make sure all are working. Your website maintenance will be appreciated by your website visitors.
- Does your website have a copyright date posted in the footer of each page? A current year copyright is a positive reflection on your website. The copyright date should either be kept current or not be posted on your website.
- This is a good time to go through the main pages of your website. If it has been a while since your last review, check your content for edits and updates. You may want to share a new perspective or new talent or a different insight on the topic. Work on a better way to share your ideas with your website visitors.
- And don’t forget to check your navigation links. Even if you have a sitemap, your website visitor will appreciate being able to easily move around on your site.
Did you think of something else for a better website? Please leave a comment.
If you’d like help improving your website, Contact us!
Before you go any further with your small business, gather your ideas and aspirations and make a business plan.
Basically a plan for any business covers where are you now with your business, and what do you want to do ?
Your plan can be as short as one page; see : “How to create a one page business plan.”.
If you will need a loan to get your business started, you should have a more detailed plan for your business, such as following the SCORE template guide.
A business plan helps you organize your thoughts about your business.
If you are just getting started with your small business, and want to find out more about getting started, Contact Jax SEO Works. We’re here to help.
Blogging can help market / advertise your business product or service.
A “blog” (contraction of the terms web log or weblog) is a category of website where brief articles are posted periodically. In addition to text, the posts can contain photos / images, graphics, or even videos.
Many small businesses use blog posts to tell visitors about the products or services that they provide. They make their blogs interesting and informative. They post new articles on a regular basis, to keep visitors coming back to see the latest, or to subscribe to the business’ RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed from their website (so the visitors can see the new blogs as they are posted, without having to go to the business’ website). Then these website visitors buy those products or services.
Blogs can bring more visitors to your website, more customers to your business, and that means more opportunities for sales.
Just remember : When you write a blog for your business, you want to share information about your product or service that sounds:
- curious and/or unusual (but true),
- and is easy to understand and remember.
video provided courtesy :Youtube.com
Does your business use blogging for marketing and advertising ?
We can help you improve your website. Contact Jax SEO Works today to get started !
Duplicate content on your website can hurt your search engine ranking, and make a bad first impression with your website visitors. Don’t do it!
Have you ever been researching a subject on the internet, and gone to a site and remember seeing the very same wording, on a site you were on just a few minutes prior? Déjà vu, but not in a good way.
You have probably heard the old quotation from Charles Caleb Colton, “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.” Others call it plagiarism. But search engines do not like seeing exactly the same content on more than one website, just like you don’t.
Even if one web page was published prior to the page with duplicate content, search engines don’t always give the credit to the site that published the content originally. Some search engines drop both websites’ duplicate pages from their listings.
People (and search engine robots) who visit your website want to see what to see your unique and interesting information; what makes your business, product, or topic stand out from others.
To retain credit and search engine visibility for your content, you can see what other websites have posted the same or very similar content at the Copyscape website.
If you find your content on other websites, you can modify your content to make it your own by:
- adding information that is specific to your own website (this is best)
- changing some of the words, using synonyms
- changing or adding headings
- restructuring several sentences in each paragraph