Good keywords are important to have in your content.
A keyword is a word or short phrase that you think people may use to search for the product, service, or topic of your website. The content on each page of your website needs to include some of these keywords, so people and search engines can find your website.
Tips for Selecting Keywords
To select some good keywords, you need to do some keyword analysis; you need to do some research to see what words other people are using most often to search for the business, service, or topic of your website, and then evaluate your results to pick the keywords that should work best for you.
You can develop your list of possible keywords by listing :
- all of the keywords that you can think of that you might use for a search engine to find a website on your topic,
- all of the keywords that are similar to possible keywords you already listed (a Thesaurus may be helpful),
- keywords used by your more popular competitors:
1. One at a time, go to some of your competitor’s websites,
2. On your browser’s menu bar, select View, and then Page Source,
3. Scroll down the new Source page for <META NAME= “keywords”> tag,
4. Find any keywords that could also be applied to your website.
Here are some more free Internet resources for keywords :