What makes your business stand out from others that offer the same type of product or provide the same service?
We agree with Duct Tape Marketing; you can find the competitive advantage your business has by periodically asking your customers questions like these:
1. What made you decide to hire us/buy from us?
2. What’s one thing we do better than others with whom you do business?
3. Is there something we could do to create a better experience for you?
4. Will you refer us to others, and if so, why?
5. What words would you type into a search engine like Google to find a business like ours?
While it’s always good to hear complimentary answers like “Your company provides superior service.”, you’ll need to ask your customers for specific responses to have the information you need.
Start finding out what your customers think about your business; put questions like this onto a form and ask a few of your customers each month. You can learn a lot from your customers.
Then you can focus your advertising on your competitive business advantage, and attract even more customers for what you do best!
Has a survey like this been helpful to your company? Leave a comment and let us know.
Survey image originally posted by codetechnology.wordpress.com/2008/06/