Website advertising is the way to share information about your product or service with others.
If you had lots of advertising money to spend, you could use word-of-mouth, newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and outdoor (bill boards) ads to let people know what your company has to offer, but for most small businesses, the Internet has proven to be the most popular and responsive media, the best investment for their advertising money.
People used to spend their advertising money on a Yellow Pages telephone book ad because everyone used their telephone books, and turned to the Yellow Pages to find products and services. Times have changed, and so have good business practices. More and more small businesses are finding out that they can put information about their product or service on their website, and they have visibility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And (unlike printed advertising in Yellow Pages and advertising circulars) they can update or even change their ad on their website whenever they want to.
Here’s our quick website advertising checklist to help you get more visibility for your business ads:
- Match your website ads to your target audience.
- Use one company message (slogan) in all of your adds, so website visitors will associate your company and your message / slogan. This sort of “branding” helps people recognize your business, your product, your service.
- Keep your ads brief, interesting and believable, and add attention-getting, related images to your advertising articles.
- Create ads which will make your website visitors curious to get more information about your product or service.
- Add a CTA (CALL TO ACTION) providing easy paths for website visitors to contact your company representatives (telephone numbers, e-mail addresses).
- If you are investing in several forms of advertising, conduct simple evaluations to see how well your different forms of advertising are promoting your product or service.
- (For example – for several months, ask all of your new customers how they heard of your business, product, or service; see which form of advertising is bringing the most return for your advertising investment, then check again in a few months.)
Want to share any more ideas that have worked for you ? We’d like to hear from you. Please post a Comment.