It’s just better business practice to support your community and support charity.
How can you benefit your business and do something good for your community? Get involved in your community and help to support a local charity.
For example, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month; there are many local charities that you could volunteer your time and your services to help.
Here in Jacksonville, there are several annual events to help raise Breast Cancer Awareness on the First Coast:
1. The Pink Ribbon Symposium
It’s a free event that offers multiple breakout sessions for your questions with answers from medical experts. You can join others in volunteering to help to promote learning about breast cancer, survivorship, good health and wellness issues.
- Mary Fisher Design helped out by developing a great website.
2. Victory In Pink is a Celebration of Women Who have Fought Against Breast Cancer by St. Vincent’s Healthcare.
- Olympic Gold Medalist Shannon Miller often participates as an emcee or key speaker for the event,
3. Bands Against Breast Cancer, a group currently conducting educational and informational activities throughout the First Coast area, hold their Annual Boobsapalooza, their major fundraiser, with great local bands playing on two stages. The event is often held at Lynch’s Irish Pub in Jacksonville Beach. Founder Henrietta “Hank” Watson has led a group of dedicated volunteers to help educate and empower women to save their own lives in the battle against breast cancer.