Posts Tagged small business
Before you go any further with your small business, gather your ideas and aspirations and make a business plan.
Basically a plan for any business covers where are you now with your business, and what do you want to do ?
Your plan can be as short as one page; see : How to Write a Business Plan, shared by the Small Business Administration.
If you will need a loan to get your business started, you should have a more detailed plan for your business, such as following the SCORE template guide.
A business plan helps you organize your thoughts about your business.
If you are just getting started with your small business, and want to find out more about getting started, Contact Jax SEO Works. We’re here to help.
Blogging can help market / advertise your business product or service.
A “blog” (contraction of the terms web log or weblog) is a category of website where brief articles are posted periodically. In addition to text, the posts can contain photos / images, graphics, or even videos.
Many small businesses use blog posts to tell visitors about the products or services that they provide. They make their blogs interesting and informative. They post new articles on a regular basis, to keep visitors coming back to see the latest, or to subscribe to the business’ RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed from their website (so the visitors can see the new blogs as they are posted, without having to go to the business’ website). Then these website visitors buy those products or services.
Blogs can bring more visitors to your website, more customers to your business, and that means more opportunities for sales.
Just remember : When you write a blog for your business, you want to share information about your product or service that sounds:
- curious and/or unusual (but true),
- and is easy to understand and remember.
video provided courtesy :Youtube.com
Does your business use blogging for marketing and advertising ?
We can help you improve your website. Contact Jax SEO Works today to get started !
If you are just thinking about starting your own small business, one source of helpful resources, to help you make your dreams of being your own boss into a reality is the United States Small Business Administration website.
Take a look at this page on the SBA website : http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/plan/getready/index.html
The page features :
- The SBA’s Small Business Start-Up Guide, containing information on more resources, planning, financing, marketing, and more.
- You can download a FREE, helpful Online Business Guidebook (ideas for starting an online business, provided by the Virginia Tech Foundation)
- “Is Entrepreneurship For You?” provides considerations for someone thinking about starting and managing their own enterprize.
- And even FAQs for starting a business, and a glossary of professional business terms.
The Internet has a wealth of information to share. As my son always says, “Google is your friend.”
If you need help with a website for your small business, Contact Jax SEO Works. We will work with you to help you get a website that will advertise your business; products or services on the internet, and bring you more customers.
Website advertising is the way to share information about your product or service with others.
If you had lots of advertising money to spend, you could use word-of-mouth, newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and outdoor (bill boards) ads to let people know what your company has to offer, but for most small businesses, the Internet has proven to be the most popular and responsive media, the best investment for their advertising money.
People used to spend their advertising money on a Yellow Pages telephone book ad because everyone used their telephone books, and turned to the Yellow Pages to find products and services. Times have changed, and so have good business practices. More and more small businesses are finding out that they can put information about their product or service on their website, and they have visibility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And (unlike printed advertising in Yellow Pages and advertising circulars) they can update or even change their ad on their website whenever they want to.
Here’s our quick website advertising checklist to help you get more visibility for your business ads:
- Match your website ads to your target audience.
- Use one company message (slogan) in all of your adds, so website visitors will associate your company and your message / slogan. This sort of “branding” helps people recognize your business, your product, your service.
- Keep your ads brief, interesting and believable, and add attention-getting, related images to your advertising articles.
- Create ads which will make your website visitors curious to get more information about your product or service.
- Add a CTA (CALL TO ACTION) providing easy paths for website visitors to contact your company representatives (telephone numbers, e-mail addresses).
- If you are investing in several forms of advertising, conduct simple evaluations to see how well your different forms of advertising are promoting your product or service.
- (For example – for several months, ask all of your new customers how they heard of your business, product, or service; see which form of advertising is bringing the most return for your advertising investment, then check again in a few months.)
Want to share any more ideas that have worked for you ? We’d like to hear from you. Please post a Comment.