Whether it’s your car, your home, or your website, regular maintenance is important to keep things running smoothly.
How are you doing with your website maintenance?
Each day, people and search engines scan the Internet for information about products and services.
To help your website stand out among other sites offering similar products or services, your website needs to be original, interesting, helpful, and informative. And your periodic website maintenance is how you keep your website fresh for your website visitors and search engines.
OK, so what is website maintenance?
Website Maintenance can include:
- Adding a new article or page (visitors and search engines like to find new, helpful information)
- Changing out images / photos for a new look
- Checking for broken hyperlinks (nobody likes finding a broken link on your website)
- Updating information in the site (just read through the pages and articles in your website, and see if you have anything new to share or change; your visitors and search engines won’t know if you don’t tell them)
- Once you get started doing this periodically, you may think of more ways to help your website
Search engines and website visitors appreciate improvements like these to your website. Your periodic maintenance will help you to have higher search engine rankings and more returning website visitors. (These are organic results, so they will be a steady improvement over time, not a sharp jump.) Check your analytics and see the results.
Have some more suggestions for periodic website maintenance? Please share your comments.